Team Eternal Chaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Eternal Chaos

Info regarding gaming and events for teams from Orlando Sportscards

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

once per turn?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
G A G E
Team Member
Team Member
G A G E

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 12:19 am

If you control a "Blackwing" monster other than "Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind", you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can halve the ATK and DEF of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls.

since we're allowing this monster's effect to activate on either player's turn should I not be able to use the effects of other monsters such as King pyron, Zombie master, Card trooper, Lonefire blossom, etc. on my opponent's turn? These cards also say "once per turn."
Can someone please show me where it says that this is a legal play?
I personally think that gale is broken enough without being able to use this effect on the opponent's turn, however, I'll gladly boost my card trooper up on your turn if this is how we're going to rule it.
let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
Team Member
Team Member
Euphoria

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 1:05 am

Don't forget Snipe Hunter, Exiled Force, and such.

I'm really quite unsure on this ruling myself.

I'd like to see the link for it, if you (whoever adheres to said ruling) first.
I'm really quite puzzled.
Back to top Go down
Nawaid Ladak
Team Member
Team Member
Nawaid Ladak

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 1:36 am

im putting my money that it's once (during your) turn.

because is Gage said, there is no way on god's green earth that it's either player's turn consdering

snipe
trooper
lonefire
zombie master

etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Nightfox513
Admin
Admin
Nightfox513

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 1:50 am

Dude you have a valid point on that. I said it was once per turn on either player because thats how it was explained to me and since the rulings for other cards and advanced rulings are down and have not been redone theres no way to know. Everything right now is interpretary until KDE brings those forums back online. Remeber that right now the only thing available are the single card rulings for Crimson Crisis..
Back to top Go down
https://teameternalchaos.forummotion.com
G A G E
Team Member
Team Member
G A G E

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 12:47 pm

I went ahead and posted this question on some other forums and got the same answer. It can only be used on your turn unless specifically stated that it can be used on either, for example d.d. crow.
My biggest argument against this being allowed on either turn is diamond dude. You can imagine how out of hand that could get when once a turn means either player's turn.
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
Team Member
Team Member
Euphoria

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 3:49 pm

So, Luis/Pedro, are we going to rule it Josh's way or the other way?

Also, don't forget about Phantom of Chaos under this ruling/
Back to top Go down
Nightfox513
Admin
Admin
Nightfox513

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 8:36 pm

I checked with Juan Murcia at Coliseum today and we both confirmed and agreed that it is on your turn only. I will inform Pedro about it as well for further issues relating to Blackwings or any other cards that are in this category.
Back to top Go down
G A G E
Team Member
Team Member
G A G E

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 11:17 pm

Thank you for looking into it I'm glad we could resolve this outside of a tournament so that we know what to expect.
Back to top Go down
Nightfox513
Admin
Admin
Nightfox513

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 11:50 pm

No prob thats what were here for
Back to top Go down
Akuma Samuari
Akuma Samuari

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 12:54 am

Alright, alright so we did a boo boo. No need to chop anyone's head off. That's my job hence me being akuma. I was given the same rulings that Luis was so whoever got upset or feels like they got cheated by me on saturday, I do apoligize. It took this happening to get me to sign up for this forum but it's all good. I personally thought it was only during your turn since it's a optional trigger effect but I was instructed that the single card rulings for it allowed it so my bad. Btw don't I have the coolest pic? It's akuma trying to be me. Haha. Anyways back to the point. As a judge I apoligize for my mess up and I also apoligize on a personal level for whoever my rulings affected yesterday concerning gale and sirocco the dawn.

P.S. For whoever didn't guess it by now, this is Pedro. afro
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
Team Member
Team Member
Euphoria

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 8:35 am

Don't worry Pedro, everyone makes a mistake occasionally.

Epic avatar though.
Back to top Go down
Akuma Samuari
Akuma Samuari

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 9:35 am

Appreciate it Tyler. I thought the avatar was cool too. I started freaking out when I typed in Akuma online and found out that someone copied Akuma in my exact image. Those damn identify theft ppl are at it again. Darn. afro
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
Team Member
Team Member
Euphoria

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 10:16 am

Btw Pedro, did you get your stuff back from those guys yet?
(You said you were looking at camera stuff today, so idk)
Back to top Go down
G A G E
Team Member
Team Member
G A G E

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 9:27 pm

I started this topic with the hope that we could clear up the ruling without time constraints or any games on the line. The ruling made at the tournament was given to me ahead of any games being played and although I disagreed with it I respected you guys enough to accept it for the time being. I hope that this can be an example to people in the future to not argue and cause turmoil during tournaments but rather wait and take action when it is appropriate. Thanks to everyone who contributed.
Back to top Go down
Akuma Samuari
Akuma Samuari

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 10:49 pm

Thanks for your concern Tyler. I went to check in the office and they said that they're going to check their archives for the tape and hopefully they'll let me see it. I find it funny that convienently after this happens Rick starts showing up in my neighborhood. If anyone knows if he all of a sudden got some good stuff on him let me know. The help would be greatly appreciated and Gage great idea bringing up the topic. I'm glad we cleared this up. afro
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
Team Member
Team Member
Euphoria

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 11:49 pm

I haven't seen Rick in a really long time, if we're thinking of the same one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

once per turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: once per turn?   once per turn? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

once per turn?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Eternal Chaos :: General Discussion-
Jump to: