Team Eternal Chaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Eternal Chaos

Info regarding gaming and events for teams from Orlando Sportscards

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Regionals 09/05/09 report

Go down 
+2
G A G E
Euphoria
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Euphoria
Team Member
Team Member
Euphoria

Regionals 09/05/09 report Empty
PostSubject: Regionals 09/05/09 report   Regionals 09/05/09 report Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2009, 8:00 pm

Regionals 09/05/09

Many other reports have some info on what the person did earlier in the day or the night before, but that's all boring as hell and nothing anybody ever lists there in tournament reports is typically worth the read, so I won't post that stuff.

Before this event, I had been debating between whether I should continue running Gladiator Beasts, as I had during the latter half of the last format, or run my build of Chaos. I had tested both, but chose Gladiators because my build of Chaos is just horrible, truth be told.
My build of Gladiators was semi-standard, however I did run 2 My Body as a Shield and 3 Enemy Controller.

Round one, game one: I was playing a GB mirror match. On my first turn, I got pretty lucky with a Dustshoot, as he had drawn a pretty poor hand, and a My Body as a Shield on the second turn left him without a hand and field; He scooped and we proceeded to game 2.
Game two: It went back and forth for a while, but a Brain Control on his part sealed the game for him, after he head steadily worn down my resources. It was during this game that I realized that he was capable of making some very good plays based on judgment.
Game three: I forget the exact details, truth be told, I think I won with Heraklinos however I may be mistaken. I won nonetheless.
1-0

Round two, game one: I was playing against Lucksworn. 1 Golden Sarcoughagus on his first turn, followed by a second one on his second turn left me in serious need to rush if I wanted to win, however I did take the game after his third turn.
Game two, I sided my Light Imprisoning Mirrors in, and I believe I won with a Light Imprisoning Mirror alongside Heraklinos.
2-0

Round three, game one: Playing against Lucksworn again. To be honest, I can’t recall all of the details of either game of this match, however I did win 2-0. Dimensional Fissure in game two pretty much sealed the match, I remember that much.
3-0

Round four, game one: Our table had been selected for random deck check, and after 16 minutes they came back, and my opponent had a game loss for forgetting to write down a Beckoning Light.
Game two: He started this one, bad hands and favorable Samnites on my part won this game.
4-0

Round five, game one: I was playing a GB mirror match vs a guy running a build that was card-for-card exact with Jake’s. The build was pretty phenomenal, however I did take the win in this one.
Game two: My sided Cyber Dragon’s and Jujitsu’s proved to be impressive for me in this match, although I did get pretty lucky with repeatedly drawing monsters after we had each been drawing for turns trying to get 1 monster going.
5-0

Round six, game one: I was playing against a guy that topped Nationals, he was running Chaos. Once my protection had faded, my lp were still around 6000, and he had 4 darks in the grave, so I thought I was safe. He summoned Sorceror, and followed it by Dark armed dragon, and finished me off with a D.D. Warrior Lady.
Game two: After the longest time, I was finally able to summon a monster and get through, and eventually won by recycling stuff with Equeste.
Game three: Truth be told, I really had no chance. After the dustshoot on turn 1, I was literally seconds from scooping, however I attempted playing it out. However, only drawing 1 monster post-Dustshoot the whole game wasn’t enough to keep up, and I ended up losing. However, I’d much rather lose to a deck like Chaos which actually requires skill compared to some other decks.
5-1

Round seven, game one: I was in another GB mirror match. I can’t remember game one that well in all honesty. I did win that one though.
Game two: After we had each Dustshoot’d each other, I was trying to bait out his Book of Moon so I could chain controller and take his monster. I summoned Bestiari, summoned Tiger and tried to send back Bestiari. He booked it, but I chained Controller and took over one of his GB. By the end of the turn, I had a gyzarus sitting pretty on the field, with a Call of the Haunted set in case it was destroyed, so I could revive the bomb. However, he played Brain Control, assembled Heraklinos, and won.
Game three: My sided Jujitsu’s didn’t perform as well as I’d had liked, although with a protected Gyzarus ( with Solemn ) I was able to pull a win.
6-1

Round eight, game one: I played against a Debris Hime / BurialDAD type deck. It was really fascinating to play against, but myself not drawing monsters for a while took its toll on me. He was able to assemble a Goyo and Ancient Fairy Dragon on me, and pushed me down to 500. When I finally drew a monster, I tributed it for Econ, took over Goyo and took over Ancient Fairy. Fairy Dragon gave me the time I needed to draw into more GB’s, and a Gyzarus tagging out into Equeste and Darius for Heraklinos ended up winning this game for me.
Game two: This game took a pretty long time, and I had to make some unfavorable plays to avoid Black Rose. However, it was a great match, but I ended up winning in the end.
7-1

I moved on to top 8, having to play against Sam Jones. (A Tampa guy that topped Nationals and SJC(s))
After deckchecking the whole top 8, and having us fill out our invites, our match began.
He was playing Lucksworn, and repeated Aurki on his part sealed the match against my hand of double Book double Econ.

Game two was basically won with Dimensional Fissure.

In game three, I almost scooped after the second turn (my hand was pretty unimaginable bad) and he ended up winning this one. But I made top 8, so it’s all good.

I know regularly people post pros/cons etc of the event, but nobody really pays attention at all to that section or any other boring epilogues so I’ll stop here.
Back to top Go down
G A G E
Team Member
Team Member
G A G E

PostSubject: Re: Regionals 09/05/09 report   Regionals 09/05/09 report Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2009, 8:12 pm

Nice work Ty.
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
Team Member
Team Member
Euphoria

PostSubject: Re: Regionals 09/05/09 report   Regionals 09/05/09 report Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2009, 8:24 pm

Thanks ^^

Why couldn't you make it to the regionals though? =[

Btw Nawaid, when will the video of Juan be up on youtube?
Back to top Go down
Akuma Samuari
Akuma Samuari

PostSubject: Re: Regionals 09/05/09 report   Regionals 09/05/09 report Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2009, 1:23 am

congrats tyler. And to think you used to hate gbs lol. I got a question and a proposal for you. My question is if you got a 2010 qualifier mat for placing in the top 8 and if u did then i propose a swap. I'll help you with your dsf burning ceremony n put up some trades for the mat. That's right i said it. I'll help you with the dsf burning. Think about it and let me know. I know u hate ls but i play them so i figured i'd give it a shot. Lol. I'm gonna end this message with the elephant that has a penis for a nose. Peace elephant
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
Team Member
Team Member
Euphoria

PostSubject: Re: Regionals 09/05/09 report   Regionals 09/05/09 report Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2009, 8:27 am

xD..

I did get the mat, and I will consider that =]
Back to top Go down
M$J$V
N00b
M$J$V

PostSubject: Re: Regionals 09/05/09 report   Regionals 09/05/09 report Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2009, 1:53 pm

Great job ty!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Nawaid Ladak
Team Member
Team Member
Nawaid Ladak

PostSubject: Re: Regionals 09/05/09 report   Regionals 09/05/09 report Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 1:08 am

i think he wants to burn the mat more than DSF.... maybe BOTH???

http://www.twitvid.com/3A2D6
Back to top Go down
Bazango
Admin
Admin
Bazango

PostSubject: Re: Regionals 09/05/09 report   Regionals 09/05/09 report Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 3:00 pm

Awesome job Tyler, sell the mat for mad profits. See u all at the jump.
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
Team Member
Team Member
Euphoria

PostSubject: Re: Regionals 09/05/09 report   Regionals 09/05/09 report Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 9:15 pm

I love that video lol...

Thanks Bazan, Manuel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regionals 09/05/09 report   Regionals 09/05/09 report Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regionals 09/05/09 report
Page 1 of 1