Team Eternal Chaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Eternal Chaos

Info regarding gaming and events for teams from Orlando Sportscards

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prize Support

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Euphoria
Team Member
Team Member
Euphoria

Prize Support Empty
PostSubject: Prize Support   Prize Support Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2009, 11:36 pm

Prize support has continued and continued to get steadily worse, but after a 14 person tournament, 10 dollar entry fee, only 6 packs for first is ridiculous.
A total of 26 packs were given away as prizes, while the store pooled in 140 dollars. 2nd 3rd and 4th barely break even on their entry fees.

Is there anything that can be done? Lower entry fees or higher prizes would be the top candidates obviously..
Back to top Go down
Nightfox513
Admin
Admin
Nightfox513

Prize Support Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Support   Prize Support Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2009, 1:13 am

See this exactly why I dont play anymore, the onlything on peoples minds is greed. Even though I dont judge for the store anymore it doesn not mean I will allow anyone and I mean anyone take advantage of my friends at the shop. You say there were 14 people who entered at 10 each. Yes that is 140 but what you dont understand is that out of the 140 10 packs go to the people who dont make it to top 4. So thats 30 right there. Then you have the top 4 cut which last I remember is 6 4 3 3, that equals 16 packs which is another 50, so now were at 80 at least cause I dont know the exact pricing of the pacs. And then theres the judges fee and then what little the store will profit which usually is like 20 a night which is NOTHING. So please try to understand, you guys have two options either ask everyone if theyll give up the pack for not making it into top 4 or risk ending the tournaments entirely because of greed. And trust me I dont think people are gonna give up that one pack so easily cause if they do they wont be playing in tournament much longer, theyll just be coming for fun.
Back to top Go down
https://teameternalchaos.forummotion.com
Euphoria
Team Member
Team Member
Euphoria

Prize Support Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Support   Prize Support Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2009, 9:04 am

While I do see what you're saying, I do believe you counted the number wrong.
Judge fee excluded (since that isn't what attracts the players to compete), I was right when I said 26 packs.
As you said, 10 packs for the people that did not top.
6 for first, 4 for second, 3 for both 3rd and 4th.

That adds up to the 26 that I put in my original post. 26 packs are the total amount of prizes for the players when they pooled in 140.

You have to understand though, it's not right placing 1st and 2nd while still barely breaking even on your entry fee, even though you did better than everyone else there.
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
Team Member
Team Member
Euphoria

Prize Support Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Support   Prize Support Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2009, 9:06 am

Euphoria wrote:
While I do see what you're saying, I do believe you counted the number wrong.
Judge fee excluded (since that isn't what attracts the players to compete), I was right when I said 26 packs.
As you said, 10 packs for the people that did not top.
6 for first, 4 for second, 3 for both 3rd and 4th.
(Unless the numbers you were talking about were in dollars, not packs. But still, 80 dollars to give away while 140 dollars are pooled in...)

That adds up to the 26 that I put in my original post. 26 packs are the total amount of prizes for the players when they pooled in 140.

You have to understand though, it's not right placing 1st and 2nd while still barely breaking even on your entry fee, even though you did better than everyone else there.

Edit: Wow, this post was supposed to be an edit of the above post... Oh well

Last edited by Euphoria on July 26th 2009, 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bazango
Admin
Admin
Bazango

Prize Support Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Support   Prize Support Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2009, 9:42 pm

InB4 Drama unfolds.....

But yeah, It does kinda suck the prize support has lowered. And I would say for the past two months we've been gettin quite a decent amount of people compared to before.
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
Team Member
Team Member
Euphoria

Prize Support Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Support   Prize Support Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2009, 11:34 pm

Bazango wrote:
InB4 Drama unfolds.....

But yeah, It does kinda suck the prize support has lowered. And I would say for the past two months we've been gettin quite a decent amount of people compared to before.
Yeah, back in March and April are tournament would have 6-10 people max, and now that we're getting 13-16 (Or in some cases, 18, like two weeks ago) but our prize support for the top 4 has only stayed the same if not dwindled.
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
Team Member
Team Member
Euphoria

Prize Support Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Support   Prize Support Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 12:39 am

Knock 14 down to 13, and 6 down to 4.

Pedro, can you talk to them again? Last time it worked fantastically, and if we can make that happen again it'll be great. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
fullblade7
Team Member
Team Member
fullblade7

Prize Support Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Support   Prize Support Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2010, 1:32 pm

I understand that more people go to OSC than before even my brother seems to go now, me unfortunally its hard since I work Saturdays, I will try and go not tomorrow or the next saturday but the next one since i should be off, this sat im off but im going to sjc LA. As for the prize support, the dillema its kind of hard, I agree with what Tyler is saying but at the same time i strongly agree with Luis. the store has to make a profit somehow because they are not going to organize tournaments for them to endo up loosing money it makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
http://vaginadexodia.com
Sponsored content

Prize Support Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Support   Prize Support Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prize Support
Page 1 of 1